#14 ✓resolved
Peter Ritchie

Cucumber - pickle and Cygwin

Reported by Peter Ritchie | November 25th, 2009 @ 02:58 PM

Project works on Mac but fails on Cygwin on Win XP with the following

$ cucumber --backtrace No such file or directory - features (Errno::ENOENT)
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/cucumber-0.4.4/bin/../lib/cucumber/feature_file.rb:36:in initialize' /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/cucumber-0.4.4/bin/../lib/cucumber/feature_file.rb:36:inopen' /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/cucumber-0.4.4/bin/../lib/cucumber/feature_file.rb:36:in source' /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/cucumber-0.4.4/bin/../lib/cucumber/feature_file.rb:46:inlang' /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/cucumber-0.4.4/bin/../lib/cucumber/feature_file.rb:26:in parse' /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/cucumber-0.4.4/bin/../lib/cucumber/step_mother.rb:62:inload_plain_text_features' /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/cucumber-0.4.4/bin/../lib/cucumber/step_mother.rb:60:in each' /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/cucumber-0.4.4/bin/../lib/cucumber/step_mother.rb:60:inload_plain_text_features' /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/cucumber-0.4.4/bin/../lib/cucumber/cli/main.rb:49:in execute!' /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/cucumber-0.4.4/bin/../lib/cucumber/cli/main.rb:24:inexecute' /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/cucumber-0.4.4/bin/cucumber:8 /usr/bin/cucumber:19:in load' /usr/bin/cucumber:19

Just for info

peter.ritchie@MACPROXP /usr/bin
$ gem list | grep pickle pickle (0.1.21)

Comments and changes to this ticket

  • Peter Ritchie

    Peter Ritchie November 25th, 2009 @ 03:35 PM

    Apologies - not paying attention - above is incorrect and the correct backtrace is below:

    $ cucumber --backtrace undefined local variable or method capture_model' for main:Object (NameError)<br/> ./features/step_definitions/pickle_steps.rb:4 /usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:31:ingem_original_require' /usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:31:in polyglot_original_require' /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/polyglot-0.2.9/lib/polyglot.rb:70:inrequire' /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.3.4/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:158:in require' /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/cucumber-0.4.4/bin/../lib/cucumber/rb_support/rb_language.rb:124:inload_code_file' /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/cucumber-0.4.4/bin/../lib/cucumber/step_mother.rb:84:in load_code_file' /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/cucumber-0.4.4/bin/../lib/cucumber/step_mother.rb:76:inload_code_files' /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/cucumber-0.4.4/bin/../lib/cucumber/step_mother.rb:75:in each' /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/cucumber-0.4.4/bin/../lib/cucumber/step_mother.rb:75:inload_code_files' /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/cucumber-0.4.4/bin/../lib/cucumber/cli/main.rb:50:in execute!' /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/cucumber-0.4.4/bin/../lib/cucumber/cli/main.rb:24:inexecute' /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/cucumber-0.4.4/bin/cucumber:8 /usr/bin/cucumber:19:in load' /usr/bin/cucumber:19 ./features/support/hooks.rb:16: You have a nil object when you didn't expect it! (NoMethodError) The error occurred while evaluating nil.exit<br/>

        from /usr/bin/cucumber:19
    
  • Ian White

    Ian White December 1st, 2009 @ 05:15 PM

    • Assigned user set to “Ian White”
  • Ian White

    Ian White December 1st, 2009 @ 05:25 PM

    • State changed from “new” to “open”

    I haven't got cygwin running yet (have to wait till I get home to my external drive with vmware images on it)

    Looking at the error message, I can see that the code in this file:

    http://github.com/ianwhite/pickle/blob/master/lib/pickle/world.rb

    is not being loaded into the Kernel.

    Could you do a quick debug puts in that file to determine if the file is/is not being loaded.

    If it is being loaded, could you try adding the bottom three lines to your support/env.rb file, and reporting back on the results

    If it is not being loaded, I wonder if we have a load order issue. Try putting the contents of support/pickle.rb into support/env.rb and report back on the results.

    Cheers,
    Ian

  • Ian White

    Ian White December 1st, 2009 @ 05:44 PM

    • State changed from “open” to “resolved”
  • Ian White

    Ian White December 1st, 2009 @ 05:48 PM

    • State changed from “resolved” to “open”

    OOPS, wrong ticket number in commit message, this is not resolved

  • Ian White

    Ian White December 22nd, 2009 @ 04:37 PM

    • State changed from “open” to “resolved”

    Peter sorted this out by starting over with Cygwin

    "We started from scratch with a pure Cygwin installation, using the installer for all modules. Eventually we got it working although it needed a rebaseall"

Please Sign in or create a free account to add a new ticket.

With your very own profile, you can contribute to projects, track your activity, watch tickets, receive and update tickets through your email and much more.

New-ticket Create new ticket

Create your profile

Help contribute to this project by taking a few moments to create your personal profile. Create your profile »

Assign tickets to <b>Ian White</b>, so I get notified

People watching this ticket

Referenced by

Pages